Main Article Content
Objectives: This study aims to analyze the effect of training using lecture and practice methods with power point presentation media and leaflets on farmers' knowledge in healthy agro-tourism based on agricultural and health education in Lebojaya Village, Konda District, Southeast Sulawesi.
Methods: This study used a quantitative method with a quasi-experimental approach with a one group pretest-posttest design. A total of 16 farmers were trained using lecture and practice methods and power point presentation media and leaflets. Data analysis used the Wilcoxon sign rank test. Training material on balanced nutrition and nutritional content and the benefits of corn and carrots for body health.
Results: The results of this study indicate that there is an increase in farmers' knowledge about balanced nutrition and nutritional content and the benefits of corn and carrots for health. After the training, almost all of the participants' knowledge increased. Where participants who scored above 70 after the training increased by 25%, from 62.5% to 87.5%. The test results showed that there was a significant difference between farmers' knowledge before and after training (p=0.006 <0.05).
Conclusion: Nutrition science training using lecture and practice methods, as well as the use of media power point presentations and leaflets have a significant effect on increasing farmers' knowledge in healthy agro-tourism locations based on agricultural and health education in Lebojaya Village, Konda District. Due to the combination of lecture media and practice as well as the use of media, participants gain knowledge through various senses namely the senses of hearing, seeing and experiencing.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- David S. Learning to Think for Ourselves: Knowledge Improvement and Social Benefits among Farmer Field School Participants in Cameroon. J Int Agric Ext Educ. 2007;14(2):35–49.
- Central Bureau of Statistics. Average Weekly Per Capita Consumption by Fruit Group Per Regency/City (Commodity Unit), 2021 (Indonesia) [Internet]. Jakarta, Indonesia: Central Bureau of Statistics; 2022. Available from: https://www.bps.go.id/indicator/5/2102/1/rata-rata-konsumsi-perkapita-seminggu-menurut-kelompok-buah-buahan-per-kabupaten-kota.html
- Central Bureau of Statistics. Average Weekly Per Capita Consumption According to Vegetable Groups Per Regency/City (Commodity Unit), 2021 (Indonesia) [Internet]. Jakarta, Indonesia: Central Bureau of Statistics; 2022. Available from: https://www.bps.go.id/indicator/5/2100/1/rata-rata-konsumsi-perkapita-seminggu-menurut-kelompok-sayur-sayuran-per-kabupaten-kota.html
- Okobia MN, Bunker CH, Okonofua FE, Osime U. Knowledge, attitude and practice of Nigerian women towards breast cancer: A cross-sectional study. World J Surg Oncol. 2006;4(11):109.
- Puspitasari IM, Yusuf L, Sinuraya RK, Abdulah R, Koyama H. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Review. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2020;13(1):727–33.
- Mona D, Azalea FW. Leaflet and pocketbook as an education tool to change level of dental health knowledge. Bali Med J. 2018;7(3):760–3.
- Gambari AI, Yusuf HT, Balogun SA. Effectiveness of Powerpoint Presentation On Students’ Cognitive Achievement in Technical Drawing. Malaysian Online J Educ Technol. 2015;3(4):1–12.
- Harris AD, Mcgregor JC, Perencevich EN, Furuno JP, Zhu J, Peterson DE, et al. The Use and Interpretation of Quasi-Experimental Studies in Medical Informatics. J Am Med Informatics Assoc. 2006;13(1):16–23.
- Syafriani D, Jenifer S. Differences in learning outcomes and students’ critical thinking skills taught using handouts and power point media on buffer solution material. Sch Educ J. 2019;9(3):248–56.
- Hadiwiardjo YH, Citrawati M, Aprilia CA. The Effectiveness of Media Leaflets and Films in Improvement Knowledge of Puberty at SMP N 226 Pondok Labu. Dis Prev Public Heal J. 2020;14(1):46–50.
- Tindaon R. The Influence of Communication, Information, and Education (IEC) through Media Leaflets and Video on Adolescents’ Knowledge and Attitudes about Exposure to Pornography at Sidamanik 1 Public Middle School, Sidamanik District, Simalungan Regency. JUMANTIK. 2018;3(1):44–64.
- Maryanti, Zafri, Ofianto. The Development of Leaflet for Local History Teaching Materials. Indones J Hist Educ. 2019;7(1):1–8.
- Sabarudin, Mahmudah R, Ruslin, Aba L, Nggawu LO, Syahbudin, et al. The Effectivity of Providing Online Education through Video and Leaflet Media on the Knowledge Level of Covid-19 Prevention at Baubau City. Galen J Pharm. 2020;6(2):309–18.