Main Article Content
Background: Covid-19 vaccination coverage is low, especially for the 2nd and 3rd vaccination at the Lampeapi Health Center, Konawe Islands Regency. Therefore it is important to identify a health promotion strategy that can solve the above problems. The purpose of this study is to identify health promotion strategies which include regional policies, atmosphere building and the empowerment process at the Lampeapi Health Center in order to increase vaccination coverage in the Covid-19 pandemic era.
Methods: This qualitative research recruited key and main informants which included the head of the health office, the leadership of the puskesmas, health promotion officers and community tokens in the Lampeapi Health Center area. This research was conducted in June 2022 at the Lampeapi Health Center, Konawe Islands District.
Results: Regional policies to support the increase in vaccinations, namely accelerating vaccination in target areas; Budget availability for vaccinations; Formation of a Task Force; Imposition of Sanctions; and Availability of health promotion budget, facilities and infrastructure. While fostering the atmosphere includes socialization across sectors; Outreach to the community; Partnership with religious leaders; and build cross-sector communication. For the community empowerment strategy, namely education to the community; Assistance to Covid-19 volunteers; Mapping of Covid-19 vaccination data; forming a Covid-19 Task Force or volunteers; and Partnerships with NGOs or community organizations.
Conclusions: The health promotion strategy in order to increase vaccination coverage at the Lampeapi Health Center is carried out through the support of local policies, building a conducive atmosphere, and community empowerment involving volunteers and NGOs.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- World Health Organization. Global Covid-19 Vaccination Strategy in a Changing World. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2022. p. 12.
- World Health Organization. COVID-19 vaccine tracker and landscape [Internet]. World Health Organization. 2023 [cited 2023 May 16]. Available from: https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/draft-landscape-of-covid-19 candidate-vaccines
- Ophinni Y, Hasibuan AS, Widhani A, Maria S, Koesnoe S, Yunihastuti E, et al. COVID-19 Vaccines: Current Status and Implication for Use in Indonesia. Acta Medica Indones Indones J Intern Med. 2020;52(4):388–412.
- Satuan Tugas Penanganan Covid-19. Situasi COVID-19 di Indonesia (Update per 28 Februari 2022) [Internet]. Satuan Tugas Penanganan Covid-19. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 28]. Available from: https://covid19.go.id/artikel/2022/02/28/situasi-covid-19-di-indonesia-update-28-februari-2022
- Lampeapi Health Center. Lampeapi Health Center Report in Februari 2022. Langara; 2022.
- Rahayu RN, Sensusiyati. Vaksin Covid 19 Di Indonesia : Analisis Berita Hoax. Intelektiva J Ekon Sos Hum. 2021;2(7):39–49.
- Nurdiana A, Marlina R, Adityasning W. Berantas Hoax Seputar Vaksin Covid-19 Melalui Kegiatan Edukasi dan Sosialisasi Vaksin Covid-19. Abdimas Umtas J Pengabdi Kpd Masy. 2021;4(1):489–95.
- Priastuty CW, Pawito, Rahmanto AN. Hoaks tentang Vaksin Covid-19 di Tengah Media Sosial Hoax about Covid-19 Vaccine amid Social Media. In: Seminar Nasiolan Publikasi Hasil-Hasil Penelitian dan Pengabdian Masyarakat [Internet]. Semarang: Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang; 2020. p. 391–9. Available from: http://prosiding.unimus.ac.id
- Watabe A, Wongwatanakul W, Thamarangsi T, Prakongsai P, Yuasa M. Analysis of health promotion and prevention financing mechanisms in Thailand. Health Promot Int. 2017;32:702–10.
- Lera-Lopez F, Wicker P, Downward P. Does government spending help to promote healthy behavior in the population? Evidence from 27 European countries. J Public Health (Bangkok). 2016;38(2):e5–12.
- Firdaus SU. The urgency of legal regulations existence in case of COVID-19 vaccination refusal in Indonesia. J Forensic Leg Med. 2022;91:1–7.
- Mor Saban, Myers V, Shetrit S Ben, Wilf-Miron R. Issues surrounding incentives and penalties for COVID-19 vaccination: The Israeli experience. Prev Med (Baltim). 2021;153(106763):1–6.
- Gunawan R, Toni A. Public Communication Strategy of the Indonesian Ministry of Health in Building Awareness and Community Participation for Covid-19 Vaccination Through the Sostac Model. J Komun. 2022;16(1):52–73.
- Nurlailah. Implementation of the covid-19 vaccination policy In Ogan Komering Ulu District. J Din. 2021;1(2):59–68.
- Pagaya N, Mantiri M, Pangemanan SE. Performance Effectiveness of the Task Force for Handling Coronavirus Disease19 (Covid-19) in North Halmahera Regency. J Gov. 2021;1(2):1–10.
- Meiherayenti, Rusli Z, Mayarni. Community Participation in Vaccination of Covid-19 in Kampar District. J Pendidik dan Konseling. 2022;4(4):913–33.
- Keytimu YMH, Nelista Y, Djiona MC, Parera TD, Funan F. Socialization of Vaccine Side Effects on Knowledge of Vaccine Recipients at the Kewapante Health Center. J Peduli Masy. 2021;3(3):285–93.
- Suri I, Hidayat N, Halim U. Health Communication in the Digital Era: Government Strategy in Socializing the Covid-19 Vaccine Program. Nusant J Ilmu Pengetah Sos. 2021;8(4):850–8.
- Santoso MDY. Social Support in the Covid-19 Pandemic Situation. J Litbang Sukowati. 2021;5(1):11–26.
- Ayamah, Puspita DSF, Betty. The Relationship between Social Support and Motivation to Recover in Covid-19 Survivors. J Nurs Res. 2021;1(1):62–72.
- Akbar, Muhammad Ikhsan, et al. "Assessing the service quality at health service facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic in North Buton District, Indonesia." Public Health of Indonesia 8.4 (2022): 116-122.
- Larasati PA, Sulistianingsih D. The Urgency of Education for the Covid-19 Vaccination Program Based on Minister of Health Regulation Number 10 of 2021. J Pengabdi Huk Indones. 2021;4(1):99–111.
- Examinar, Hastono SP, Sebastian D. Mapping of COVID-19 Vaccination Achievements in West Java Province in 2021. Media Publ Promosi Kesehat Indones. 2022;5(5):545–51.
- Zamroni, Akadun, Arifin. Collaborative Governance in Handling Covid-19 in the Lingga Regency Area. J Ilmu Sos dan Pendidik. 2022;6(3):9739–49.