Main Article Content
Objectives: Ship arrival and departure activities have an important influence on the transmission of various vectors which have the potential to infect the ship's crew and passengers. This study aims to determine the factors associated with the presence of vectors on passenger ships.
Methods: This type of research is observational. The population is a local passenger ship that anchors at 4 ports in Kendari City, with a population of 44 ships and a sample of 40 ships.with the sampling technique is systematic random sampling.
Results: The results of the study used the Chi Square test between sanitary conditions and the presence of cockroaches (15.708>3.841), there was a relationship between sanitary conditions and the presence of rats (14.249>3.841), there was a relationship between temperature and the presence of cockroaches (9.724>3.841), there was a relationship between temperature and the presence of rats (7.901>3.841).
Conclusion: There were relationship between sanitary conditions and temperature with the presence of cockroach and rat vectors on passenger ships mooring at the Port of Kendari City. Therefore it is necessary to increase the sanitary conditions and temperature in the room.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- P2P. 2016. Simkespel [Online]. Jakarta: RI Ministry of Health. Available: www.kespel.depkes.go.id [Accessed 2 June 2019].
- WHO 2011. Guide To Ship Sanitation Geneva: World Health Organization.
- Priyotomo, YC 2015. Study of Rat and Ectoparasite Density in the Perimeter and Buffer Areas of Cilacap Seaport. Journal of Public Health (e-Journal), 3, 86-95.
- Health Department RI, 2008. Information on Disease Control and Environmental Health. In: RI, DK (ed.). Jakarta: Directorate General of PP-PL.
- Supriyadi, S., Djaja, I. & Kusnoputranto, H. 2010. Factors involved in Vessel Sanitation in Pangkalbalam harbor of Pangkalpinang 2005. Makara Journal of Health Research, 71-77.
- Notoatmodjo, S. 2010. Health research methodology. Jakarta: rineka copyright.
- Health Department RI, 2012. Cockroach Control Guidelines [Online]. Available:http://www.depkes.go.id/downloads/Pengendalian%20Kecoa.pdf [Accessed 1 May 2019].
- Budipedia. 2013. American Cockroaches [Online]. Available : http:// www. budipedia.com / fauna / insecta / dictyoptera / cockroach amerika/ [Accessed 1 May 2019].
- Mouchtouri, E., Mastoraki, E., Michalopoulos, A., Kriaras, I., Falagas, M., Karatza, D. & Geroulanos, S. 2008. Incidence of postoperative infections in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting surgery receiving antimicrobial prophylaxis with original and generic cefuroxime. Journal of Infection, 56, 35-39.
- Aryati, A. 2005. The Effect of Coating Method and Time of Storage on Moisture Content, Texture and Appearance of Coconut Sugar. Thesis. Lampung University.
- Harahap, AA 2016. Factors Associated with Cockroach Density on Motor Boats Docking at the Port of Tanjung Perak Surabaya. University
- Shahraki, GH, Parhizkar, S. & Nejad, ARS 2013. Cockroach infestation and factors affecting the estimation of cockroach population in urban communities. International Journal of Zoology, 2013.
- Thohir, B., Joko, T. & Dangiran, HL 2018. Relationship of Ship Sanitation With the Existence of Disease and Rodent Vectors on Passenger Ship in Meak Port, Banten Province. Journal of Public Health (e-Journal), 6, 410-418.
- Sapriyadi, S. & Wahyuni, M. 2016. Description of Preferred Mouse Trap Bait in Efforts to Control Rats in the Buffer Area of Samarinda Port. Working Area of the Port Health Office of Samarinda City.
- Norhayati, Yohanes Joko & Irfa'i, M. 2017. The Relationship between Ship Sanitation and the Presence of Rats on Ships Anchored at Trisakti Port, Banjarmasin. Journal of Environmental Health, 14.
- Tawaddud, BI 2011. Study of Sanitation Level Conditions on Passenger Ships in Class I Port Health Office Makassar Working Area in 2011. Alauddin State Islamic University Makassar.
- Arumsari, G., Widyanto, A. & Gunawan, at 2018. The Relationship Between Ship Sanitation And The Behavior Of Ship's Crews With The Presence Of Rats On Ships Leaning In The Work Area Of Class I Port Health Office Surabaya In 2017. Public Health Bulletin, 37, 405- 416.
- Nurcholis, M. 1999. The Principles of Pluralism and Tolerance in Civil Society. In a collection of makalha and workshops "Islam and Empowerment of Civil Society.
- Mahmoud, M. 2013. Ecological investigation, density, infestation rate and control strategy of German cockroach, Blattella germanica (L.) in two hospitals in Ismailia, Egypt. Arthropods, 2, 216.
- Stejskal, V., Lukas, J. & Aulicky, R. 2004. Temperature-dependent development and mortality of Australian cockroach, Periplaneta australasiae (Fabricius)(Blattodea: Blattidae). Plant Protection Science-UZPI (Czech Republic).
- Rozendaal, JA 1997. Vector Control: methods for use by individuals and communities, World Health Organization.