Main Article Content
Background: Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmitted through human droplets which have been infected with the bacterium. There are many risk factors led to an increased the incidence of TB. The risk factors that had a role on the incidence of TB were internal factors and external factors. The purpose of this study was to determine the risk factors for the incidence of pulmonary tuberculosis in adolescents at the outpatient pulmonary clinic at Regional General Hospital of Kendari in 2022.
Methods: This type of research was a quantitative with an analytic observational using a case-control approach. The sampling technique in this study was purposive, with a sample size of 70 people consisting of 35 case samples and 35 control samples.
Results: This study found a significant effect of contact history on the incidence of pulmonary TB in the youth group (p <0.05; OR=2.300; 95% CI = 0.130-40.545). There is a significant effect of PHBS on the incidence of pulmonary tuberculosis in the youth group (p <0.05; OR=1.364; 95% CI = 1.005-1.850). Smoking behavior has a significant effect on the incidence of pulmonary TB in adolescents (p <0.05; OR = 10.083; 95% CI = 1.112-91.417).
Conclusions: This study concluded that the variable of contact history, PHBS, and smoking behavior influence the incidence of pulmonary TB to the youth group at the outpatient pulmonary polyclinic in regional general hospital of Kendari in 2022.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Republic of Indonesia Ministry of Health. (2019). National Guidelines for Medical Services for the Management of Tuberculosis (HK.01.07/Menkes/755/2019).
- Global Tuberculosis Report. (2021). WHO . https://www.ptonline.com/articles/how-to-get-better-mfi-results _
- Indonesian Health Profile. (2018). Indonesian Ministry of Health .
- Indonesian Health Profile. (2019). Indonesian Ministry of Health .
- Indonesian Health Profile. (2020). Indonesian Ministry of Health .
- Southeast Sulawesi Health Profile. (2018). Southeast Sulawesi Provincial Health Office .
- Southeast Sulawesi Health Profile. (2019). Southeast Sulawesi Provincial Health Office .
- Southeast Sulawesi Health Profile. (2020). Southeast Sulawesi Provincial Health Office .
- Kendari city hospital. (2019). Tuberculosis Incidence Data in Kendari City Hospital .
- Kendari city hospital. (2020). Tuberculosis Incidence Data at Kendari City Hospital .
- Kendari city hospital. (2021). Tuberculosis Incidence Data at Kendari City Hospital .
- Snow, KJ, Cruz, AT, Seddon, JA, Ferrand, RA, Chiang, SS, Hughes, JA, Kampmann, B., Graham, SM, Dodd, PJ, Houben, RM, Denholm, JT, Sawyer, SM, & Kranzer, K. (2020). Adolescent tuberculosis. The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health , 4 (1), 68–79. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2352-4642(19)30337-2
- Darmin, Akbar, H., & Rusdianto. (2020). Factors Associated with the Incidence of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in the Work Area of the Inobonto Health Center. Indonesian Health Promotion Publication Media (MPPKI) , 3 (3), 223–228.
- Rita, E., & Qibtiyah, SM (2021). Relationship of Contacts with Tuberculosis Patients to the Incidence of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Children. Indonesian Journal of Nursing Science and Practice , 3 (1), 35–41.
- Akbar B., T., Ruhyandi, Yunika, & Manan, F. (2022). Correlation between contact history, nutritional status, and Bcg immunization status with the incidence of pulmonary tuberculosis in children. Journal of Health , 13 (1), 65–71.
- Latif, FCA (2022). Correlation between Availability of Sanitation Facilities and Implementation of Clean and Healthy Behavior with Diarrhea in the Kejra Area of Laosu Health Center, Bondoala District, Konawe Regency in 2022 . HaluOleo University.
- Hidayati, S. (2022). Relationship between Clean and Healthy Behavior (PHBS) andthe Occurrence of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in the Work Area of the Saronggi Health Center . Wiraja University.
- Agus, F. (2021). The Relationship between the Physical Quality of Homes and Smoking Habits with the Incidence of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in the Coastal Area of Kendari City in 2021 . HaluOleo University.
- Akbar, M. I., Nurmaladewi, N., Aspian, P., Pagala, I., & Rustam, M. (2022). Assessing the service quality at health service facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic in North Buton District, Indonesia. Public Health of Indonesia, 8(4), 116-122.
- Kurniawan, IR, Ardiani, H., & Abidin, Z. (2021). Relationship between smoking behavior and the incidence of pulmonary TB at the Plaosan Health Center, Plaosan District, Magetan Regency. 16 (01), 1–5