Main Article Content
Background:For Kendari City, the NO2 concentration in the air measured on Jl.Abdullah Silondae street still below the quality standard. However, the NO2 concentration has increased and decreased based on the results of air monitoring from the Environment and Forestry Service regarding the Air Quality Index which is measured 2 times a year with NO2 parameters in 2017, the first measurement is the value obtained of 1.58 µg / m3 and the second measurement. amounting to 1.57 µg / m3. In 2018 the NO2 value in the first measurement was 4.2 µg / m3 and the second measurement was 5.23 µg / m3. Whereas in 2019 the NO2 value in the first measurement was 5.8 µg / m3 and in the second measurement was 3.8 µg / m3.
Methods:This type of research is descriptive quantitative (Field Research and Laboratory Research). The population is the total number of public transportation and the number of drivers for the Baru-Kota Rayon 02 route, amounting to 154 public transportation units and 154 public transport drivers with the male gender. The samples are some of the public transport drivers for the New Kampus-Kota rayon 02 route.
Results:Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) measurements were obtained96.85 µg / Nm3, 108.79 µg / Nm3 and 100.83 µg / Nm3 for 3 different locations. The highest respiratory complaints were cough symptoms for 47 people and the lowest was shortness of breath as many as 8 people.
Conclusion:Risk management is carried out by reducing exposure time, planting trees that can absorb air pollution, maintaining endurance, limiting the age of motor vehicles and using environmentally friendly fuels.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Ismiyati I, Marlita D, Saidah D. Air pollution due to motor vehicle exhaust emissions. Journal of Transportation & Logistics Management. 2014; 1 (3): 241-8.
- Susanti ED. Environmental Kuznet Curve: Relationship between Economic Growth and Degradation of Air Quality in Achieving Millenium Development Goals (MDGs) in Indonesia. Yogyakarta State University. 2018.
- Sahban MA, SE M. Collaboration on Economic Development in Developing Countries: Sah Media; 2018.
- Ruhiat D, Suwanda C. Forecasting Seasonal Patterned Time Series Data Using the Spectral Regression Method (Case Study: Citarum-Nanjung River Discharge). Theorem: Mathematical Theory and Research. 2019; 4 (1): 1-12.
- Jayadipraja EA, Daud A, Assegaf AH. Air Pollution and Lung Capacity of People Living around the Cement Industry. Public Health of Indonesia. 2016; 2 (2): 76-83.
- BP statistics. Central Bureau of Statistics. Central Bureau of Statistics. 2019.
- PEPO MMP. Environmental Health Risk Analysis Due to Air Pollution Exposure by NO2, SO2, Pb AND TSP Against Traders in Ledeng Terminal, Cicaheum Terminal and Leuwi Panjang Terminal Bandung City: Faculty of Engineering Unpas; 2020.
- Sandra C. Effect of decreased air quality on lung function and respiratory complaints in the Surabaya Police Traffic Police. IKESMA. 2013; 9 (1).
- Amaliana A, Darundiati YH, Dewanti NAY. Environmental Health Risk Analysis of Nitrogen Dioxide Exposure (No2) in Street Vendors at Pulogadung Terminal, East Jakarta. Journal of Public Health (e-Journal). 2016; 4 (4): 801-9.
- Rohmadini A, Saifi M, Darmawan A. The Effect of Profitability, Liquidity and Leverage on Financial Distress (Studies on Food & Beverage Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange for the 2013-2016 Period). Journal of Business Administration. 2018; 61 (2): 11-9.
- Besmanto N. Guidelines for Environmental Health Risk Analysis (ARKL). Directorate General of PP and Pl of the Ministry of Health; 2012.
- Mackey A, Gass SM. Second language research: Methodology and design: Routledge; 2015.
- Sugiono S. Research methods are quantitative, qualitative, and R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta. 2019.
- Dwirahmawati F, Nasrullah N, Sulistyantara B. Analysis of Changes in Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Concentrations in Vegetable and Non-Vegetable Areas on Jalan Simpang Susun. Journal of Indonesian Landscape. 2018; 10 (1): 13-8.
- Agustina T, Jatmika D, Asnawi A, Wahab A, Rusvitawati D, editors. The Covid-19 Pandemic: Accelerating MSMEs in Information Systems. National Seminar on Information Systems (SENASIF); 2020.
- Romansyah M. Correlation analysis of carbon monoxide (CO) and particullate meter (PM10) with motorized vehicles and related factors (case study of Bojonegoro traditional wholesale market: UIN Sunan Ampel; 2019.
- Sodhi MS. Conceptualizing social responsibility in operations via a stakeholder resource-based view. Production and Operations Management. 2015; 24 (9): 1375-89.
- Drescher J, Rembold K, Allen K, Beckschäfer P, Buchori D, Clough Y, et al. Ecological and socio-economic functions across tropical land use systems after rainforest conversion. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences. 2016; 371 (1694): 20150275.
- Riani PD. Description of Ambient Air Quality (SO2, NO2, TSP) on Subjective Complaints of Respiratory Disorders at Permanent Traders in the Kampung Rambutan Bus Terminal Area, East Jakarta, 2017: UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta: Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, 2017; 2017.
- Sari M. Analysis of Co and No2 Levels in Air and Complaints of Respiratory Disorders in Street Vendors at Sangkumpal Bonang Market, Padangsidimpuan City, 2013. Environment and Work Safety. 2014; 3 (1): 14469.
- Rose KDC, Tualeka AR. Assessment of the risk of exposure to motor vehicle fumes at the Surabaya Police Traffic Police in 2014. The Indonesian Journal of Occupational Safety and Health. 2014; 3 (1): 46-57.
- Hikmiyah AF. Analysis of Dust and NO2 Levels in Ambient Air and Respiratory Complaints of Sweeping Workers at Purabaya Terminal, Sidoarjo Regency. Journal of Environmental Health Vol. 2018; 10 (2): 138-48.
- Fitriana D, Siwiendrayanti A. Air Quality and Complaints of Shortness of Breath of Scavengers in Final Disposal Sites. HIGEIA (Journal of Public Health Research and Development). 2019; 3 (3): 357-68.
- Mukono H. Health Aspects of Air Pollution: Airlangga University Press; 2011.
- Syafrianto A. Relationship between Worker Characteristics and Mask Use and Complaints of Respiratory Problems in Herbicide Sprayers (Study at PT Gunung Sejahtera Dua Indah, Central Kalimantan): AIRLANGGA UNIVERSITY; 2011.